Below you’ll find some of my favorite books and resources for writing and the craft of storytelling, empowerment, and healing trauma. Check back often as additional resources are added periodically.
As a member of the Amazon affiliate program, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you when you purchase after clicking one of the links below.
Books to inspire your creativity and get you writing:
- “The Artist’s Way,” by Julia Cameron.
- “Bird by Bird,” by Anne Lamott.
- “Writing Down the Bones,” by Natalie Goldberg.
- “The War of Art,” by Steven Pressfield.
- “Naked, Drunk, and Writing,” by Adair Lara.
- “The Art of Creative Nonfiction,” by Lee Gutkind.
- “Steal Like an Artist,” by Austin Kleon.
Books to empower you:
- “Smiling on the Outside,” by Ann Peck.
- “The Gifts of Imperfection,” by Brené Brown.
- “Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway,” by Susan Jeffers, Ph.D.
- “The Four Agreements,” by Don Miguel Ruiz.
- “Empowering Women,” by Louise Hay.
- “Circle of Stones,” by Judith Duerk.
- “The Gift of Change,” by Marianne Williamson.
Books on trauma and healing:
- “The Primal Wound,” by Nancy Verrier.
- “The Body Keeps the Score,” by Vessel van der Kolk, MD